Posted by Network Operations, Last modified by ZoneEdit Support on 07 May 2019 07:53 PM
ZoneEdit users now have the abilty to register .CA domains. A few things to note before you register a .CA domain:
.CA domains are subject to the Canadian Presence Requirements You must be Canadian (or the Queen) in order to register .CA domains. No exceptions.
You MUST confirm your registrant info with CIRA (Canadian Internet Registration Authority) before your new .CA domain will be live on the internet. The Registrant Confirmation process is a one-time processper Registrant. In other words, if you register your .CA domain to your company, then confirm the Registrant profile of your company with CIRA, you can then add additional .CA domains using the same Registrant info without having to confirm the details every time.
The registrar on your .CA domain ends up being easyDNS easyDNS, the parent company of ZoneEdit will be your official registrar-of-record. But you will manage your .CA domains from within your ZoneEdit control panel.
When you register a .CA domain with Zoneedit you get Premium Support By registering a .CA domain with ZoneEdit you become a paid customer (if you aren't already) and you thus gain access to the priority/premium support channels.
To register a .CA domain, please do the following:
1. Log into your ZoneEdit account 2. Click on ADD A DOMAIN
3. Enter your domain name under REGISTER A NEW DOMAIN and click on NEXT
4. Select your service level, agree to the ZoneEdit Terms, and click on NEXT
5. Select your registration term if more than 1 year and then click on NEXT
6. Select your Canadian Presence Requirements, agree to the Terms, and click on NEXT
7. Click on CHECKOUT
8. Process your registration invoice
Once the invoice has been processed, you will be able to see your new .CA domain within your account.
The following video steps you through the process of registration and confirmation of the Registrant ID with CIRA: