The following are the steps you will need to perform in order to transfer away from Dotster:
STEP 1. UNLOCK YOUR DOMAIN
1. Log in to your Dotster Account Manager
2. Navigate your way to the MY DOMAINS tab
3. Use the checkbox(es) to select the domain name(s) you want to unlock
4. In the dropdown menu regarding the management of your domains, click on SELECT UNLOCK/LOCK THESE DOMAINS
5. Confirm your changes
STEP 2. RETRIEVE AUTHORISATION CODE
To transfer your domain to ZoneEdit, you'll need your authorisation code. Here are directions on how to find the authorisation code:
1. Login to your Dotster Account Manager
2. Navigate to the MY DOMAINS tab
3. Click the domain for which you want to retrieve the authorization codes for
4. In the dropdown menu regarding the management of your domains, click on RETRIEVE AUTHORISATION CODE
5. Click GO
NOTE: Your Authorisation code will be sent to the Administrative contact of the domain so make sure the email address is up to date.
STEP 3. SUBMIT YOUR TRANSFER
After you complete the above steps, login to your ZoneEdit control panel and click on Switch Registrar beside your domain name.
STEP 4. CONFIRM YOUR TRANSFER VIA EMAIL
After you submit your transfer request to easyDNS, we will send you an e-mail to confirm your transfer. Within this e-mail, we will provide a link to your account so you can log in and enter the authorisation code that you retrieved from your current registrar.
STEP 5. DONE!
If your domain is unlocked and the authorisation code is correct, your transfer should complete within 5 days. At times, current registrars send e-mails to confirm registrar transfers. If you receive an e-mail confirmation from your current registrar, please approve the transfer and your domain transfer should expedite to ZoneEdit. If you have any questions during this process, please contact ZoneEdit support.
NOTE: ZoneEdit is provides domain registrar service via ZoneEdit. Your "registrar of record" will appear as "ZoneEdit Technologies Inc" and your Registration Reseller Partner will be ZoneEdit.